This practice was so popular and profitable for affiliates that Amazon put the brakes on it. This profit saving measure was good for Amazon's bottom line and it was bad for the affiliates, upon whom Amazon owes its house hold name recognition after years of their online marketing efforts in exchange for commissions. But in this particular blog post, I am not debating the merits of Amazon's practice; rather, my goal is to illuminate this practice for its obvious and profitable applicability to the Prosperent Affiliate Program.
- Now comes the fun part. You're going to decide which products you want to market through search engine keyword bidding. A popular item (in August 2011) is Halloween costumes. Actually, as Halloween approaches, the sale of Halloween costumes will increase. So, create a post in your blogger account relating to Halloween costumes.
- You should now be able to see Prosperent Ads that feature Halloween costumes.
- Hover your mouse over the link to the Halloween costume, and copy the URL of the ad to your clipboard. If you're using the Firefox browser, hover your mouse over the product of interest, and right click your mouse and "Copy Link Location" . This link location will be where you will be directing traffic from your search engine ad creation page.
- If you need help creating ads on Google or on Bing, it is recommended that you see YouTube videos. Watch tutorial videos until you feel comfortable creating an ad campaign on Google or Bing!
- Target keywords that are specific and relevant to the product you identified on Prosperent. Also, be sure to link to the product URL that was copied to your clipboard, i.e., the specific link found earlier.
Enjoy your membership with Prosperent.